Ask for a lawyer
We work to promote and protect the rights of vulnerable populations of our country. Follow the steps to access quality legal services through Fundación ProBono Colombia.
Natural people of 1 and 2 public services stratification, or vulnerable condition.
Keep in mind that the services will extend to other public services stratification, if they satisfy with an additional vulnerability condition such as:
- Being an elderly
- Being a victim of gender violence
- Being under age
- Being a member of the LGBTI community
- Having a disability
To access our services your institution or organization must be guided towards a direct social benefit. As an example, its end goal should contribute to the well being of the community.
- Recent certificate of existence and legal representation enacted by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Payroll file, and financial statements of the immediate previous year.
- Once a lawyer takes your case, the enterprise must do a volunteer contribution to Fundación ProBono, it will be an agreement that will depend on the advisory received. The contribution will be made prior communication with the Cases Coordinator who will give you the following steps.
To access the advice, the purpose must be aimed at directly benefiting society, that is, having a social purpose that contributes to the well-being of the community.
- Certificate of existence and legal representation issued within two months prior to the submission of the application.
- Payroll file and financial statements of the previous year.
Must belong to strata 1 or 2
Keep in mind:
The services will be extended exceptionally to people in strata 3, only if they meet some additional condition of vulnerability such as:
- Being an elderly.
- Being a victim of gender violence.
- Being under age.
- Being a member of the LGBTI community.
- Having a disability, among others.
The inability to pay must be accredited by sending a public service receipt from your current place of residence.
Step by step process
1. Click on “Apply for a Lawyer”, and a web page will open, where you will find the steps to continue with your petition.
2. Write down the required information on the form.
3. Once the form is submitted, you will be assigned a file number that you must keep in mind for the rest of the process.
4. Within the next three days of your application, a member from Fundación ProBono Colombia will communicate with you to carry out an interview which will allow us to collect more information. We ask for precise information, so that every relevant fact in your case has the greatest clarity possible.
5. Once the interview is done, you should send a service receipt that credits stratification, through email or a whatsapp message.
6. Your case will be included in a Bulletin, which is directed to the firms, legal groups, and independent lawyers who are members of Fundación ProBono Colombia. The bulletin goes out on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so your case will be put to the disposition of the lawyers, for them to decide whether to take it or not.
7. Application not taken. Two weeks after the Bulletin is sent, and in the situation that your case is not taken by any lawyer, the Case Coordinator of Fundación ProBono Colombia will communicate with you to inform you of the situation and will provide the information of an alternative entity that can take your application.
8. Application taken. Two weeks after the Bulletin is sent, if your case is taken by one of the lawyers, they will communicate with you within the next 8 days. That communication will be in order to set a meeting for the advisory session.
Keep in mind:
- Legal assistance will be provided to natural people or legal persons.
- You may attach documents you consider necessary to bring more clarity to your application.